Consultants | Dr Paul Brennan
One of Dr Brennan’s final responsibilities with QDPI was to lead the development of commercialisation arrangements for the wheat varieties produced through his breeding activities.
- Some of the issues addressed were:
- licensing individual varieties or all varieties from the program to the one commercialisation entity for a specific period,
- reward for the breeding agency,
- collection of seed or endpoint royalties,
- compliance level for the collection of royalties,
- evaluation of tenders,
- purity of propagation material,
- quality assurance,
- minimising production risks,
- promotion of new varieties,
- marketing arrangements,
- grower information,
- arrangements for seed multiplication and
- ongoing interaction with commercialising agency.